Responsible for setting and delivering the creative vision and maintaining creative standards for the team. Leads creative teams to the completion of the highest-quality creative solutions consistent with strategy, contracts and agreements. Responsible for working in partnership with Account Services colleagues to lead and manage all aspects of client relationships through the highest quality work.
- Sets the creative vision for the team and ensures effective creative development
- Works closely with the team to manage staffing issues
- Leads by example by being a “hands-on” creative (still creates)
- Provide creative leadership and standards for the entire creative department, and the agency
- Partner with clients on effective creative development
- Sets high creative standards for the team
- Provides career paths and development (guidance) for creative team members
- Builds and maintains strong client relationships
- Ensures that the creative team is managing financial aspects of client relationship including compliance to project hours
- Lead the continuous review of our creative processes, identifying areas of opportunity for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15+ years marketing or branding experience, at least 5 of which should be in a senior management capacity
- Prior business development experience and demonstrated success in strategic concepting skills
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated excellence in design and design strategy. Strong perspective, standards, and approach for generating design excellence.
- Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working on a wide range of accounts and categories
- Track record and body of work to demonstrate ability of getting highest level of creative sold and produced
- Creative Vision: Sets and maintains high standards commensurate with Addison Whitney creative expectations
- Presentation Skills: Is effective and dynamic in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small/large groups, with peers, direct reports and supervisors; is effective in selling creative rationale and work both inside and outside of the organization; instills respect and can manage meeting flow during presentations
- Demonstrating Ownership and Proactive Behavior: Demonstrates ownership of assigned work by continually coming up with new ideas proactively; ability and willingness to show ownership of work.
Addison Whitney is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.