Previous roles in brand/product management, sales and business development for a pharmaceutical communications agency is strongly preferred.
The Business Development Manager works closely with an account team to develop business with pharmaceutical accounts. This role is responsible for identifying relevant decision makers within assigned accounts, prospecting to uncover opportunities, and work with the account team to close business. The Business Development Manager is tasked with driving the agency business within assigned accounts.
Generate new business opportunities through targeted outreach with prospective client contacts.
- Build business contacts and relationships through use of resources such as LinkedIn and Salesforce and attending industry conferences.
- Maintain internal databases with all current prospect and client information, continuously updating and improving our client base
Develop trust-based relationships with prospect contacts
- Manage prospect communications, interactions and relationships
- Clear and prompt internal communication of status, potential RFP pipeline, and prospect needs
Work with the marketing department to create and manage outbound email marketing campaigns
- Work with Addison Whitney’s Marketing team for client follow-up requests and to create and manage outbound marketing campaigns
Preferred skills and experience:
- Self-development and education as a business development professional in the branding industry
- Identifying and building key contacts across assigned accounts
- Mapping account breakdowns with intimate detail of a prospective client’s organization/decision making
- Identifying potential new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 to 10 years of strategic selling skills with a proven track record of success
- Strong knowledge of general pharmaceutical marketing and sales, brand management and/or consumer marketing
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Enjoys selling and is motivated by “hunting” for new opportunities
- Demonstrate ability to develop and execute successful sales strategy
- Understand how to navigate through our large, complex organization to support the introduction of a sales mindset and build selling skills
- Able to identify external decision makers and determine how best to address their unmet needs
Addison Whitney is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.